Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time

As a parent, your time is greatly prioritized.  First is Baby (or babies), because they need you for everything.   Second is your husband because he needs things too (socks...t-shirts...food -Just kidding, husbands!!!) and lastly is you, because it's much easier sometimes to take care of everyone before yourself.  I've always wondered about this, and I'm beginning to realize that once a Mother's instinct kicks in, it is very hard pull the brakes and take a bubble bath, or have your hair done, or to even take a shower some days. 

So now you're thinking -"now that this lady has identified my life right now, what is her point?!"  I don't blame you for thinking this.  I was thinking it too as I was writing.  I remember how hard it was for my mom, who was "just a Mom."

My point is this: You've allowed Kindermusik into your lives, and that is special and wonderful, but maybe you're having a hard time fitting it in between all of the other hats you wear in your home?  The beauty of music (and not just Kindermusik, even though it's MY favorite) is that it is completely portable.  It can go where you (and Baby) goes.  In my classes, I try very hard to recommend uses for everything we do in class.  Lullaby's that can be used for baby at naptime, word raps and games that can be used to wake baby up, or even movement activities to music that give them a better understanding of their place in space that can be used for car rides or shipping trips.  By having these tools in your "Mom-belt" you can access a learning experience any time and any PLACE you need to. 

Stop worrying about fitting another thing into your already busy schedule.  Next time you're humming "Mary had a little lamb" just sing it, move to it, splash to it, or rock to it.  Music to your schedule!  I love it!


Have a musical day!
Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment