Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A note on your voice.

For those of you who like the science of the brain, here you go!

In recent research it has been proven that children learn best by listening to their parents. Development of language correlates directly with the baby's exposure to speech and speech patterns. So -out of all of the educational toys, TV shows, how to books, and all of the other gizmo's and gadgets the best thing you can do to help your child learn our language is to speak to them. I prefer to sing to them, but -whatever you prefer! Baby wants YOU, and that's all that matters!

I've attached an article by the New York Times that I used to aide in an essay I wrote not too long ago. It's interesting and if you have the time, I encourage you to read it!

1 comment:

  1. The link didn't attach! Sorry, guys!!

    Here it is: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/26/health/26toys.html?_r=1

    ReplyDelete