Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Being a good parent means what?

It is so hard to make the right choices for us, as adults, so how do we make good choices as a parent? Where is the "owner's manual" for those decisions? I can't say -I'm not a parent, but I can say that it very rarely do the choices seem easy. I think one of those instances of an "easy choice" is when I see families in my Kindermusik class. Definitely a good choice, or at least, I think so!

I have a deep appreciaction for the parents who have asked me questions about the curriculum (I haven't met one yet who hasn't!). "What can it do for my baby's brain?" kind of questions. I love to answer them, even though it is sometimes difficult, because it shows how much parents care about their little onse, and want them to be happy and successful. I can also tell if a parent has done their homework. If they come to me and already know they've looked into the what I do, well -then I jump right in and start making music! A+!

I said once before that my underlying motivator is Joy. This is still very true, but I think that this applies to you parents as well! Who doesn't love that two-toothed goofy smile they get when they hear a jingle stick, or "walk up a hill" (aka -parent workout!) with some cows. It is worth every second of the question asking, concern, and internet research WAY worth it!

This week, I got to experience a very cool thing: sharing! I was offered shaker after jingle stick, after shaker during a sharing activity. It was surprising seeing as we've only done it once before in class, but -with parent motivation, music, and patience it's amazing what you can accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment